Able-bodied Wheelchair Basketball Showdown 2012
Who is the best Able-bodied Wheelchair Basketball team in the city?
There is only one way to find out…
…on the Hardwood.
What: Able-bodied Wheelchair Basketball Tournament
When: December 9th, 2012
Where: Riverpoint Sports & Wellness
9190 Coors Blvd. NW. Albuquerque, NM 87120
Time: 10:00 am – 6:00 pm (individual
Entry: Fee $500.00 (tax deductible donation)
1st place prize:
Bragging rights for the next year.
This is a Fun(d)raiser for the Albuquerque Kings Wheelchair Basketball team. Come enjoy good competition and support the KINGS.
Do you have questions? Check out our FAQ or feel free to email us, ask us a question on Facebook or most other social media pages!
- Will I be standing or sitting in a wheelchair? Wheelchairs designed for basketball will be provided for every team. Each player on the court must be in a wheelchair.
- What are the rules? Rules are almost identical to stand up basketball, the few minor exceptions will be overlooked for all players.
- Is it a full size court? Yes
- Will there be referees? Yes, players from the Albuquerque Kings will be refereeing every game.
- How long are games? Each team will play for a predetermined period of time (Usually two 12 minute periods), winner of the game will move forward in the winners bracket and loser will move to losers bracket.
- What should I wear? Bring t-shirts, or tank tops that match or are similar in color to the rest of your team. (Ex: Everyone wears their company shirts.)
- How many people on a team? As many as you like, however, there are only 5 players per team allowed on the court at a time.
- Do I need protective gear?No, we don’t wear any when we play, however, it is a contact sport, so feel free to bring anything you like, (Ex: Gloves, Knee-pads, etc)